Electrician Resume Examples
Use the following electrician resume guide to create a remarkable resumebuild your resume now
Professional Resume Samples for a Electrician
Electrician Resume Tips and Ideas
Whether you are starting out or have over ten years experience to boot, writing a convincing and impressive resume can be a challenge. This is why you should use online resume guidelines to spark your hiring manager’s interest.
This resume writing guide will come in handy for you if you are an electrician or wiring technician with a background in construction looking to get your dream job in any commercial and residential setting.
- Chronological format is the best among all three available resume formats
- Consider using online free resume generators
- Proper resume fonts are Arial and Calibri
- Resume font size 11-13
- Include resume subheadings
- Add minimalist colors to boost the appearance
- Contact information
- Work history
- Resume objective
- Resume summary statement
- Relevant certifications
- Skills that will set you apart from other applicants
- Volunteer activities
The chronological format is the most widely accepted resume format in the job market. This is because it starts by listing your most recent work experience and achievements, which is what recruiters are most interested in. Again, the chronological format also offers the panelists that will be interviewing you a basis for conversation regarding your work experience and the value you will bring to their organization.
When writing a resume in chronological format, list the roles and activities you took part in using the necessary resume action words and keywords to make them stand out. Also, mention any relevant training.
If you are just starting out and have no significant work experience, do not worry. Use the chronological resume format, but list all the volunteer jobs, internships, and projects that you have participated in.
Resume design is another critical factor that determines the quality of your resume. It is imperative that you have an excellent resume layout and design to come off as organized to your recruiter.
You need to have proper resume subheadings to make your resume easy to read; subtitles will help guide the hiring manager to the most important information. Write them in bold.
Again, use font sizes 11-13; any smaller will be illegible, while too big will look informal. With a legible resume font size and font type (Calibri, Arial or Georgia), your manager will easily track your career progress.
Photos are not recommended on resumes in the U.S. as they could lead to bias and discrimination during recruitment. However, in Europe, you may have to include a headshot.
Sections of a Resume
These are the most important areas in your resume, and each has a special part to play in determining your suitability for the electrician’s job vacancy. Below are the sections that you should include to have a highly effective resume:
- Contact information
- Work experience
Research suggests that hiring managers take only six seconds to skim through your resume and create their first impression. To make the most of these six seconds, one page is all you need.
Electrician Resume Section Headings
The work experience section will be your opportunity to prove your ability to deliver through the work you have done in the past. Again, list the area you specialize in; residential, commercial (retail stores, office buildings) or industrial (manufacturing and processing plants).
Are you familiar with the National Electric Code (NEC)? Or received training in OSHA, CPR and First Aid? These additional skills will give you a considerable edge over other applicants, so include them in your electrician’s resume. Some of these include:
- Programmable logic controllers
- Industrial control systems
- Electromechanical repairs
- Terminating and setting switchgear, panels, and other power distribution equipment
Soft skills include:
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Rapid diagnostic skills
In addition, list any certifications and state electrical board licenses you have received. Listing your Journeyman License gives the recruiter an idea of how far your career has progressed and the challenges you can effectively handle.
These are the people who your hiring managers will call to find out more about you in case they are interested in what they see. To further increase your chances of success, you need to have relevant and recent professionals on your list.
People you can have in this section could be the lecturer who took you through your course work and any supervisors and electricians you have worked with.
Electrician Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
Using these words helps to transform your electrician’s resume from general and bland to more specific, and shows your skill set and roles in better detail.
Words to Use
- National Electric Code
- Electrical wiring
- Power distribution
- Emergency control
- Electrical fixtures
- Telemetry systems
- Technical skills
- Circuit breakers
- Set up
- Lay out
1. Candidate seeking electrician job
Dependable Master electrician with over ten years of experience in industrial electrical installations. Ability to pay keen attention to fine detail, has extensive knowledge and experience in the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of industrial circuits and power distribution.
- Carried out preventive maintenance and service for power distribution and industrial control and machinery
- Interacted with and repaired a wide variety of two-wire alarm security systems and fire alert devices
- Installed energy-saving devices which drastically reduced Acme Industry’s utility bills by 19% without reducing the industrial plant’s output and efficiency.
- Trained and mentored a team of 5 apprentices in installment, troubleshooting, and repair of industrial wiring and equipment
- 10 yearsExperience
- EducationLicensed Master electrician
- CertificationsAssociate of Science in Electrical Technology
2. Candidate seeking electrician job
Certified journeyman with 5 years’ experience in residential and commercial settings with substantial knowledge and skills in hot tub, ceiling fan, lighting, surge protector, and smoke detector installation, in addition to whole-house wiring and electrical panel upgrades.
- Carried out research to assist in determining the most cost-effective and energy-efficient methods to reduce my client’s power bill
- Assisted in clerical duties, which involved invoice preparation, repair scheduling, and customer service desk operations
- Served as an apprentice during the construction of 57 homes and more than a dozen commercial establishments
- 5 yearsExperience
- EducationJourneyman electrician state license
- 3 yearsElectrician Apprenticeship
- CertificationAssociate member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers