Personal Financial Advisor Resume Examples
Use the following professionally written resume examples to write an acceptable personal financial advisor resumeBuild your resume now
Professional Resume Samples for a Personal Financial Advisor
Use our resume samples to guide you in writing a professional personal financial advisor profile
Personal Financial Advisor Resume Tips and Ideas
Personal financial advisors are professionals that offer advice concerning investments, insurances, mortgages, estate planning, trust funds, retirement, and savings management to their clients. When writing your personal financial advisor resume, you need to demonstrate your ability to handle the following tasks:
- Interact with clients in person and over other means to discuss financial goals and best financial decisions
- Explain the types of services areas in which you offer expert advice
- Answer clients’ queries regarding various investment options and potential risk
- Monitor client accounts and identify changes that need to be made to accommodate family or life changes such as retirement or having children
- Offer expert advice in handling stocks, bonds, tax law, and other essential aspects
- Help clients meet short and long term financial goals
- Depending on your clients wishes, you may also have to invest money on their behalf and monitor current trends in the securities exchange market
To get a position as a personal financial advisor, you need a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, math, business administration, or any relevant field, plus additional professional certifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst certification, or experience in the world of investments. Some states and clients may also require you to have licenses and be registered with state regulators and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Adding these qualifications to your resume will go a long way in making it more compelling.
- Reverse chronological.
- You can use our resume generators to help you write a resume in the chronological format.
- Neat resume design
- Margins, white space, and minimalist color
- Resume fonts types and size
- Subheadings and bullets
- Look through our resume templates to view examples of great resume layouts
- Contact information
- Resume professional summary
- Work history
- Education background
- Additional skills and professional certifications
- Licensure and state registration
- Volunteer work
- Hobbies and interests
Experience is always a major plus when applying for a personal finance advisor job. A format that highlights your professional background is the best option when writing a personal financial advisor resume. The reverse chronological resume format is the best option for you as it will highlight your professional background by having it at the beginning. It is also preferred because it is universally recognized, and your recruiter will find it easy to find the information they deem most important. Moreover, this resume format is also friendly on Applicant Tracking Software.
An intricate and neat resume design is paramount when applying for a personal financial advisor job. Your potential client or firm will gauge your organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and competence using your resume appearance. Ensure you impress them by submitting a flawless, appealing, and sill formal, and legible resume design. Refer to our resume templates for ideas on how to build a great resume.
White space is especially important in your resume as it will help the document appear neater and less stuffed. You also want to have some minimalist, formal color to the resume, so it looks less drab. While typing your document, ensure you use a font that is accepted as official, such as Trebuchet, Arial, or Calibri. Highlight the start of each resume section with a header and fill in your details using short, clear, and easy to read sentences.
Pay extra attention to remove any grammatical and design errors, then convert the resume into PDF format before handing it in.
Unless stipulated in the job application requirements, do not include a photograph to the resume. You can add a professionally-taken headshot to the resume as per the application instructions.
Sections of a Resume
Your resume sections help you professionally enter your career details. Ensure that all the information you add here is true, current, and relevant to the specific job. Dishonesty has been known to cost many applicants great opportunities. Also, avoid having excessively personal information, as the resume is a formal document. The following resume sections are required in an effective personal financial advisor resume:
- Resume header: indicate your profession in bold uppercase letters
- Contact information: Include your name and location, followed by a single email address and phone number for professional correspondence. While writing your address, leave out your street address for your security. A LinkedIn profile is optional
- Resume professional summary
- Work experience/professional background section
- Academic background
- Additional skills and professional certifications
- Professional affiliations: any professional financial organizations or groups in which you are an active participant
- Licensure and board registration: include the dates and locations where these were issued
A personal financial advisor resume should be one page long. Regardless of your experience, it is recommended that you use only one page to highlight your career’s most glowing attributes. Use columns to make full use of your space and only include the most relevant career attributes.
Personal Financial Advisor Resume Section Headings
Though all the resume sections listed above are crucial, the ones listed below will capture the reader’s attention first as they contain the most important career information.
Since the recruiters often have dozens of resumes to pore through, they may start by eliminating all the ones that do not have a professional summary statement. This 3-4 line statement is a brief statement of your specialization, time spent in the workforce, and strongest professional attributes. Write it as follows:
- One strong adjective to show your work ethic (result-oriented, client-oriented)
- Professional title (financial advisor, economics professional)
- Quantifiable achievement (improved portfolio value by 7%)
For financial advisors with little experience, a career objective in which you highlight your strongest professional attributes, academic achievements, and what you hope to gain from the position will work just fine.
Work experience is the core of your personal financial advisor resume. Make this section count by making the various duties you have held in previous firms match the ones on the job requirements so you come across as the best fit. Start each job with your job title, name and location of the firm, and dates of employment, and list them in reverse-chronological order.
Personal Financial Advisor Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
Use terms from your field to make your responsibilities and professional details more convincing and specific. Action verbs are also better than passive ones when writing an effective resume.
Words to Use
- Dow theory
- Fibonacci ratios
- Financial statements
- Wealth management
- Financial goals
- Asset allocation
1. Candidate seeking personal financial advisor job
Motivated financial advisor with over 12 years of experience and a proven track record of providing clients with the right advice in areas such as retirement planning, assets and savings management, and investment decisions. Possess excellent communication skills and endeavor to create beneficial relationships on behalf of clients to foster their financial prosperity.
- Developed and discussed financial strategies to meet clients’ long term financial goals
- Managed over $30 million’s worth in estates and trusts on clients’ behalf
- Increased client trust and satisfaction by 54% over five years
- Certifiedfinancial Planner
- Degreein economics
- 12years experience
2. Candidate seeking personal financial advisor job
Result-oriented financial advisor with over ten years of experience in assisting major corporations in achieving their short and long term financial goals. Have experience in the fields of insurance, corporate and investment tax strategies, and securities investment.
- Generated an ROI of 67% on Acme Ltd Portfolio in one financial year
- Carried out research on current securities exchange market trends and made recommendations to clients
- Generated professional reports to guide clients in making the proper investment decisions
- MBAin finance
- Degreein financial management
- 10years experience