Janitor Resume Examples
Create a professional janitor’s resume with the excellent resume examples belowCREATE YOUR NEW JANITOR RESUME
Professional Resume Samples for a Janitor
Build your Janitor’s resume now to get hired fast!
Janitor Resume Tips and Ideas
A janitor’s role in the functioning of any organization cannot be underestimated. Their job of making the work environment clean and habitable is what makes a company a worthwhile workplace.
As a janitor, your work will involve a lot of physical labor, lifting, carrying, and moving around; therefore, your resume should clearly show that you have the stamina and physical strength to get things done. Most companies also rely on their janitors for minor repairs and help with security, so if you are proficient in that, remember to write it down.
In addition to your work, you also need to be personable and a team player, so you cooperate and interact well with other team and staff members. You also need to be knowledgeable about OSHAS and other safety guidelines. There are plenty of resume writing tips and resume builders online that can help you get all these aspects right for free.
- Font size 11-13
- Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri
- Use section headings, subtitles, and bullets
- Professional resume summary
- Work experience
- Skills and knowledge
- Volunteer work
- Hobbies and interests
A reverse chronological resume design is the most accepted in all industries. In addition to emphasizing your work experience, it is also easy to skim through for hiring managers and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
In this order, you need to start by listing your work experience from the most recent, then proceed with your oldest jobs, followed by education, achievements, and other resume sections like volunteer jobs and hobbies.
For a professional looking, classic resume, you are advised to use font size 12 of resume fonts like Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri fonts. These fonts are the most used in formal settings and avoid bold designs.
Use columns to make the most of the space on your one page, so you never have to go below font 12. Again, columns make your resume look organized and appealing to a hiring manager. Also consider using dark, minimalist colors to highlight your achievements and contacts.
Again, use subheadings, bullets, and short easy-to-read sentences to make your resume skimmable. Most studies suggest that a hiring manager takes six seconds tops to review your resume, so a massive block of plain, boring text will quickly be dismissed.
Photos are rarely required on resumes. This is to avoid any discrimination that may arise based on race or biases based on appearance.
Sections of a Resume
The most effective resume for a janitor should consist of the following sections:
- Contact information
- Resume objective
- Professional title
- Professional summary
- Work experience
For resume length, one page is adequate. Most hiring managers will insist that your resume be one page. More than one page for a resume is highly advised against. With one page, you can quickly summarize your professional details and convince the manager to hire you.
Janitor Resume Section Headings
When showing your work experience, be sure to list all the work that is relevant to your profession. Be brief but highly specific; use the right resume action words and all accomplishments to help you stand out as the most exemplary candidate. Show off your ability to be punctual and reliable as well as achievements, awards, and certifications.
Your knowledge and skills are what will make you stand out most among all other candidates. What skills do you possess that other applicants do not, and are incredibly valuable for your job? Your skills should indicate your ability to do intense physical work for hours on end, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, your physical wellbeing, and your reliability. Again, as a janitor, you should have basic skills in maintenance and repair, how to handle potentially hazardous chemicals, and deliver supplies throughout the building.
If you have a high school diploma, you should write it here, as well as all other additional distinctions, honors, and training you have received to improve your skills.
Janitor Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
When writing your resume, remember to highlight your soft and hard skills and pay attention to the best format, design, and section headers. If building your resume is proving to be cumbersome, there are plenty of online resume generators and resume guidelines that can show you how to write a resume in a matter of minutes.
Words to Use
- Physical strength
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washroom facilities
- Cleaning supplies
- Glass windows
1. Candidate seeking a janitor’s role
Resume summary statement: Loyal, dependable, and personable school janitor with over ten years’ experience in thorough cleaning and maintenance of school grounds and buildings. Respected by the school administration, teaching staff, and students for excellent work ethic, positive attitude, and interpersonal skills.
- Assisted in setting up and tearing down facilities required for school events like parent-teacher conferences, parties, plays, and sports competitions
- Contributed to the school’s environmental awareness program by initiating a recycling program for electronic gadgets and glass items that saw one tonne of waste get removed from the environment
- Managed the janitorial closet inventory effectively to ensure that there were never any stock-outs or shortages that affected the quality and effectiveness of our work
- Supervised a janitorial crew of fifteen members to ensure adequate cleaning of classrooms, cafeteria, fields, gymnasium, and library
- Monitored school’s security by locking up after hours and checking electrical devices to avoid accidents or hazards
- 10 yearsof experience
- Furniturerepair skills
2. Candidate seeking Janitor’s job
Resume summary statement:
A highly-experienced and dedicated janitor with keen attention to detail to ensure the safety, comfort, and well-being of the people residing in the facilities I manage.
- Maintained the cleanliness of buildings using equipment like heavy-duty vacuum cleaners and hot water carpet extractors, and helped in removing snow during the winter
- Helped to develop a work schedule for the janitorial team at ACME limited to create a friendly work environment for my colleagues
- Maintained the lawn by mowing, aeration, and application of fertilizers
- Assisted with the refurbishment and repainting of old facilities at ACME limited
- Assisted in repairing heating, cooling, and air conditioning facilities
- 3 years’experience in janitorial and custodial duties
- Exceptionalinterpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Excellentwith heavy-duty cleaning machinery and chemicals
Last modified on October 4th, 2019