Broker Resume Examples
Find a list of successful broker resume samples that will guide you in writing your own resume.Build your broker resume now
Professional Resume Samples for a Broker
Write a professional broker profile with help from our resume samples
Broker Resume Tips and Ideas
Brokers are business professionals that work as intermediaries in a variety of business deals which include real estate, shares, or property sales. Your job vacancy may have the following responsibilities, which you should be able to carry out ably:
- Ensuring customer support by identifying client needs and concerns and following up with them
- Close successful deals on behalf of the client
- Educating clients and offering professional recommendations
- Having meetings with clients to determine their determination
- Show properties or portfolios to clients
- Completing all the necessary documentation associated with the transactions
Your resume should show your ability to effectively handle the roles above, including the following qualifications:
- Industry-specific licensure
- Degree in business, economics or any related field
- Experience in sales
- Proficiency in computer applications like Ms Office Suite
An effective broker should also have excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work under pressure and build beneficial relationships and networks with business partners and clients. If you have the qualifications and desire to build a great broker career, you need to write an equally professional broker resume to communicate your competencies to the hiring organization. Consider using our resume generators to help you create a resume in the shortest time possible.
- Reverse chronological.
- You can use our online resume templates to get more information on this resume format.
- Neat and formal resume design
- Margins and white space
- Resume fonts types
- Legible font size
- Subheadings and bullets
- Contact information
- Resume professional summary
- Work history
- Education background
- Additional skills and certifications
- Volunteer work
- Hobbies and interests
To get a broker’s job, you need to leverage your work experience to help you appear more qualified. Your choice of resume format will make a difference in how quickly the recruiters spot it. You, therefore, need to use the reverse chronological format to help highlight your work experience section. The chronological format is also widely recognized, easier to follow and identify key resume sections, and friendly on ATS software.
Broker resumes are expected to be neat, well-structured, and appealing to read through. A well-designed resume will create a great first impression and portray you as a well-organized professional with excellent self-expression and keen attention to fine detail.
White space helps the resume look tidy and comfortable on the hiring manager’s eyes, who probably has to read through hundreds of resumes. Design a one-inch margin around your resume and keep formatting (bold and underline) to a minimum to reduce the amount of written space.
Choose one formal resume font like Calibri, Cambria, Georgia, or Arial in a font size that is comfortable to read. For consistency, use one font throughout the document. Use subheadings and bulleted points in each section rather than paragraphs to make the document easier to navigate and skim through.
Finally, proofread it to remove mistakes then save and submit it as a PDF format to conserve your resume layout.
Unless stipulated, a photo is not recommended on a resume while applying for a broker’s position. Photographs expose you to appearance-based biases in the hiring process.
Sections of a Resume
Resume sections are specific details regarding your career as a professional broker. Each section is vital in portraying you as an able professional. You, therefore, need to pay additional attention to all of them to ensure you show off your competencies and positive attributes. The following sections are mandatory in a broker resume:
- Contact information: Include your name, location (address, city, and state), and work contacts (email, mailing address, and phone number) so the hiring firm can contact you for feedback
- Resume professional summary or career objective: a 3-4 line overview of your career progress, achievements, specialization, and time spent in the workforce.
- Work history: a detailed account of relevant work stints
- Academic background: your educational achievements (degrees, diplomas, certifications)
- Additional skills and certifications: professional certifications and skills that will help you edge out the competition
- Licensure: the practising licenses you possess and the days they were issued
If you have plenty of experience, you do not have to include your volunteer and internship experience. You can include your hobbies and interests to give your recruiters an idea of your life outside work.
A broker resume should be one page long. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to overwhelm the recruiters with excessive information to convince them that you are qualified. Be brief and straight to the point to ensure all your pints hit home. Use columns to make full use of your one page. Do not go below font size 11 as your document will become illegible.
Broker Resume Section Headings
While all the resume sections listed above are vital, the ones highlighted below will be the focus of the recruiters:
This is the brief overview of your career progress that you use to pitch your services to your recruiter. They probably have dozens of resumes to read through, and this section will provide the second impression after your resume design. To make an excellent impact with this section, you need to use positive adjectives to describe your professional work ethic and conduct. Also include your profession, time spent in the workforce, and specialization.
The work history or professional background section is critical in proving your capacity to handle the responsibilities of the new job. You need to tailor this section to fit the job description in the advertised position. You also need to include some quantifiable achievements to make this section even more impressive. Include only the work stints that show your capability to accomplish the demands of the new job.
Your education section is also important in determining whether your skills and knowledge are a match for the organization’s needs. Include your academic accomplishments in order of the highest, starting with the course then the college name and location, then years of study. If you have not graduated yet you can include the year expected to graduate, the courses taken relevant to the position, and your GPA if it is above 3.0.
Broker Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
Action verbs have been found to have exemplary abilities in making resume more impactful, specific, and impressive. Vocabulary will also help you impress the broker on the hiring panel and help you appear better versed in your field. Below is a list of the words chosen specifically for a broker resume:
Words to Use
- Individual needs
- Options market
- Capital markets
- Financial requirements
- Client account
- Commercial real estate
- Stock value
1. Candidate seeking broker job
Resume summary statement:
Passionate and able broker with five years of experience and excellent negotiation and communication skills. Looking forward to joining a prestigious brokerage firm where I can hone my skills and grow as a professional.
- Tracked daily fluctuations in stock value and made necessary recommendations to clients regarding investment options
- Met with qualified clients to discuss their queries and needs and delivered the necessary paperwork to them
- Maintained records for all client transactions made, including sales, acquisitions, and cash inflows
- Degreein economics
- 5 yearsexperience
2. Candidate seeking real estate broker job.
Resume summary statement:
Dedicated and accomplished real estate broker with twelve years of experience in the fast-paced environment of commercial real estate sales. Have a proven track record in driving sales by creating excellent relationships with clients and ensuring reliable customer support.
- Mentored a team of 4 junior real estate agents during my tenure at Acme Realties Ltd in gaining client trust and loyalty
- Drafted and negotiated contracts for clients while ensuring priority to their needs and interests
- Supervised a team of two real estate agents and jointly achieved an annual sales target of $50 million for three consecutive years
- Degreein realty management
- Masters degreein economics
- 12 yearsexperience