Blogger Resume Examples
Use the following professionally written resume examples to write an outstanding blogger resume for your next job applicationBuild your blogger resume now
Professional Resume Samples for a Blogger
Apply the following resume samples to refine your blogger resume
Blogger Resume Tips and Ideas
Bloggers are creatives who use their talent to express their ideas and views on online journals. They can either write their own blog posts or those of another company. If you would like to be a blogger for a company, your blogger resume should demonstrate proficiency in these roles:
- Pitching ideas for blog posts
- Writing, editing and publishing content
- Advocating and educating readers about the company’s brand or interests
- Inviting notable guest writers and bloggers to contribute to the web page
- Stay current on industry trends to ensure you offer current advice to readers
To be a successful blogger, you will need to demonstrate remarkable creative writing skills and the ability to stand out from other writers by using a unique voice or approach to expressing yourself. To get that dream blogger job, you need to write a compelling professional blogger resume to convince the hiring firm to invite you for an interview. Consider using our online resume builders for an optimal resume design.
- Reverse chronological.
- You can refer to our online resume templates for more information on the chronological resume format
- Neat resume design
- Margins and white space
- Resume fonts types and size
- Subheadings and bullets
- Contact information
- Resume professional summary
- Work history
- Education background
- Additional skills and certifications
- Links to your blog or other pages you have written in
- Social media handles
- Professional writing affiliations or groups
- Volunteer work
- Hobbies and interests
- Foreign languages
When writing your blogger resume, selecting a resume format is an integral part of writing an effective resume. If you are starting out as a blogger for another company, the functional resume format will be the best option. This format will help your recruiters focus on your exceptional knowledge and skills, rather than the work experience section, which may not have much weight.
However, for a blogger with plenty of experience in the field, the reverse chronological format is usually the best option. This resume format, unlike the functional one, will place the work experience section right at the top, so the recruiter focuses on it. Consider using either of the two resume formats, which are universally recognized and are friendly on ATS applications.
Although your career may be less conventional, you need to have a formal, well-structured, and visually appealing resume design. An official resume appearance and layout will convey you as a serious professional before you get to show off your excellent writing and self-expression abilities.
Designing a resume is often as easy as having a document that does not look bland and is written in a legible and acceptable font type. You can use a margin all around your document to increase its white space volume. Fonts approved for writing a resume include Georgia, Calibri, Cambria, or Arial; choose any one of these and use it throughout the document body. Legible sizes you can use are 11-13. Use resume subheadings and bullets instead of paragraphs for each section to make your resume easier to follow and skim through. Finally, proofread your resume as typos are a deal breaker in job applications, then save it as PDF to conserve its layout.
Pictures of applicants are not required while applying for bloggers’ positions; therefore, do not add any photos to your resume.
Sections of a Resume
A resume is made up of specific sections where you include the various details about your career progress and professional values. Each section is invaluable in determining your suitability for the advertised vacancy. Ensure that you include all resume sections and pay attention while writing them. The most vital sections in a blogger resume are:
- Resume title: Differentiate your resume form those of other applicants by having your profession written in bold uppercase letters
- Contact information: Include your name and location (city, state, ZIP code), and work contacts (email and phone number) for the hiring firm to get in touch.
- Resume professional summary: a 3-4 line overview of your career goals, time spent in the workforce, professional attributes, and writing niche.
- Professional background
- Academic background
- Additional skills and certifications: any additional courses or competencies that you possess and are relevant to the job requirements
- Links to other posts written there before: include links to your blog or posts in prestigious journals
- Social media links: to show your hiring manager your level of influence in your niche
A blogger resume should only be one page long. Be as concise as you can while writing your career information. You do not want to bog down the recruiter with excessive and unnecessary information.
Blogger Resume Section Headings
Below are section headings that are most important in a blogger resume. These sections will likely be the main focus of the recruiters:
The most vital part of your blogger resume, especially if you have plenty of experience and are seeking a senior position, is the work experience section. This is because this section shows the recruiting panel what you have achieved through the course of your career and whether you have what it takes to handle a blogger position. As you write this section, include all the roles listed on the job description to help you tailor this section to fit the vacancy perfectly. If you do not have plenty of experience, include your internships, volunteer positions, and community journals you have written for previously.
A degree or post-high school diploma is a must-have for anyone looking to enter the field of corporate blogging. Some employers may also want you to have some experience in marketing, which will come in handy, especially when writing content for marketing. This section lets your hiring panel confirm the authenticity of your academic qualifications. Here, indicate your highest achievement first (degree or diploma), followed by the college or school name and location, and years of study. If you have little experience, put down the courses or programs you have taken in school that are relevant to the position.
Blogger Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
Employers often look for a specific set of vocabulary to test applicants’ proficiency in writing and blogging. Action verbs are also more effective than passive verbs in making a resume more impressive and captivating. Below is a list of action verbs and buzzwords that you can apply for your resume:
Words to Use
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Pop culture
- Content calendar
- Creative suites
- Breaking news
- Website metrics
- Media channels
1. Candidate seeking blogger job
Resume summary statement:
Able and passionate blogger with remarkable writing skills and vast imagination and self-expression abilities. I have over 5 years of experience in writing content in the pop-culture niche and has since accrued ten thousand followers on Instagram and Twitter.
- Guided blog content from inception to completion by managing and updating a content calendar
- Pitched trending stories to the editor in chief and devised new ways to push viral stories and breaking news
- Monitored and evaluated website analytics to make strategic content creation decisions
- Degreein English
- 5 yearsexperience
2. Candidate seeking blogger job
Resume summary statement:
Passionate and reliable blogger with extensive knowledge and interest in the health and wellness niche. Have constantly written and published posts for own blog for four years and have accumulated a readership of two thousand readers. Looking forward to advancing my journalism career by joining Acme Ltd.
- Leveraged social networks such as Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook to garner readership for my blog
- Used white hat SEO techniques to improve blog’s organic traffic
- Carried out extensive research and remained up to date on trends in health and fitness to ensure I offer readers current information
- Degreein Mass Communication
Last modified on March 4th, 2020